Wallingford Hockey Club are competitive but friendly hockey Club with 5 mens, 4 ladies and mixed teams as well as a successful youth section (the Wildcats) and an active social scene. Currently they are offering half price membership to all new senior players for the coming season. They have a number of events running between now and the season including a number of Back to Hockey sessions.
The consultation ends on 31st July 2017, so please look through the proposal and provide feedback.
The GWP consortium will be block paving the District Centre Square over the school summer holidays (starting Monday 17th July).
These works will involve the closing of a small section of the spine road (Greenwood Way) for a period of time.
This will unfortunately create a degree of disruption but they have put diversions in place to mitigate this. Clear signage will be in place to make all road users aware of the diversion route.
The following letter gives further details on this temporary closure.
This application covers the area surrounding but not including the Southern Neighbourhood Community Centre. It consists of a Multi Use Games Area (MUGA), Playing Pitch and two wet areas.
- Please leave further comments on the Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or respond directly to the Council via their website.
The following are initial comments:
- The wet area is directly behind the pitch goals, has consideration been given to suitable fencing to prevent balls and children entering the wet areas.
- Will there be lighting for the MUGA?
- The single timber picnic bench is noted central east of the plan. It would be more advantageous to have a cluster of 3-5 of these in this area for picnics.
- Consideration for an additional Combined Dog and litter waste bin should be located towards the north of the area.