Some initial thoughts, please leave further FB comments, email email@example.com or respond directly on the Council website:
- The applicants should be asked to provide a layman’s overview of the proposal, including an artistic drawing to assist the community in making comment.
- It is noted that the consultation period ended on 22nd March 2017, yet there have been amendments 25th April 2017, when is the new expiry date? Ideally it will be one week after the next Residents’ Meeting (14th June 2017).
- Twenty 20m x 12.5m allotments that are the standard area, dating back from Anglo Saxon times (250m2) Only 20 allotments to cater for over a thousand households seems very inadequate. Have there been consideration to halving the size to 125m2. This also makes them a more manageable size, given most people seem to have less free time in modern times.
- 20 carpark spaces, one for each allotment is very adequate, there would be an aspiration that owners would walk from their nearby homes, if possible.
- Composting area and water provision both harvested rainwater and mains is good.
- A significant number of new trees will be planted to surround the site, which appears positive. Is there consideration to making a walking trail through this area, outside the allotment fence boundary? There are many complaints about the lack of dog/family walking areas on the development.
- Didcot Town Council currently hold the allocation list, the allotments are just over the Border in Harwell Parish Council area. This is a long way from housing in HPC and extremely far from Harwell Village.
- Given the complex administration boarder situation on GWP, who will be running and managing this, will it be part of the Land Trust open space management plan?
- Will this be a statutory, as protected by the Allotments Acts or temporary allotment site?